Free mentoring for new and emergent writers
August 29, 2023
Support independent, non-corporate media.
Are you a writer looking to have your first piece of work published? Have you completed a story which you know has potential, but lack the confidence to show it to someone else? Send it to us. Product’s Literary Editor Luca Serra offers a mentoring service to new writers of fiction and non-fiction. Luca will help selected writers draft, revise and perfect an original piece of writing for publication in Product. Interested writers are invited to send a draft story/work in progress plus a brief outline of your story idea to contact [@] productmagazine [dot] co [dot] uk by 1 December, 2023. Applications are open to writers in English, based anywhere. Previous winners include Amy Jardine (The Sugar Hotel), Amaia Martinez (Fish out of Water) and Hubbiah Raffaqat (Unassigned).
Two selected writers will be announced on December 15, 2023 and will be able to commence developing work in January 2024. Completed works will be published in Product in spring 2024.
When applying, please note the following guidelines:
- The outline should be a maximum of 300 words
- The draft story should be no longer than 3,000 words. Applications exceeding this limit will not be considered
- Please send Word documents only
- Include your name, address, postcode and word count on the title sheet.
- Work must be original and not previously published anywhere, either print or online.
- Deadline: midnight, December 1, 2023
- Product is a co-operative with charitable status, run by volunteers. We will reply to all applications, and ensure that all applications are read, but please bear in mind that we may not be able to respond to applications immediately.
- We do not enter into correspondence about our decisions.
- There is no cash prize, certificate or awards ceremony (!)