Revise and perfect your story for publication this autumn
April 17, 2019
Support independent, non-corporate media.
Have you written something which you feel has potential but needs a little help? Or do you have a completed piece which is fine, but you’ve lacked the confidence to take the leap and show it to someone else? This summer, Product’s Literary Editor Richard Allen will offer a mentoring service to new writers of fiction and non-fiction. Richard will help selected writers draft, revise and perfect an original piece of writing to be published in Product autumn 2019. Interested writers or would-be writers are invited to send one example of work and a brief outline of their idea to contact [@] productmagazine [dot] co [dot] uk by June 21, 2019. Applications are open to writers in English, regardless of nationality or geographical location.
The two selected writers will be announced on July 1, 2019 and will be able to commence developing work from then on.
When applying, please note the following guidelines:
- Fiction and non-fiction work should be no longer than 3,500 words. Applications exceeding this limit will not be considered
- Outline your idea in a maximum of 300 words
- Please send Word documents only
- Include your name, address, postcode and word count on the title sheet.
- Work must be original and not previously unpublished anywhere, either print or online.
- Deadline: midday June 21, 2019
- Product is a co-operative with charitable status, run by volunteers. We will reply to all applications, and ensure that all applications are read, but please bear in mind that we may not be able to respond to applications immediately.If you would like to support Product you can make a donation here: https://www.productmagazine.co.uk/donate/Every contribution helps us develop and promote great new writing from Scotland.