Send us your idea for an original piece of writing. We’ll help you develop it for publication
October 5, 2017
Support independent, non-corporate media.
Have you written something which you feel is nearly good but needs a little help? Or do you have a completed piece which is fine, but you’ve been too shy to make the leap to showing it to someone else? This winter, Product’s Literary Editor Richard Allen will offer a mentoring service to new writers of fiction and non-fiction. Richard will help selected writers draft, revise and perfect an original piece of writing to be published in Product early in 2018. Interested writers or would-be writers are invited to send one example of work and a brief outline of their idea to laura [@] productmagazine [dot] co [dot] uk by November 16, 2017. Applications are open to writers based in Scotland.
The two selected writers will be announced on November, 28 2017 and will be able to commence developing work from then on.
When applying, please note the following guidelines:
- Fiction and non-fiction work should be no longer than 3,500 words. Applications exceeding this limit will not be considered
- Outline your idea in a maximum of 300 words
- Please send Word documents only
- Include your name, address, postcode and word count on the title sheet.
- Work must be original and not previously unpublished anywhere, either print or online.
- Deadline: 5 p.m. November 16, 2017
Product is a co-operative with charitable status, run by volunteers. We will reply to all applications, and ensure that all applications are read, but please bear in mind that we may not be able to respond to applications immediately.
If you would like to support Product you can make a donation here:
Every contribution helps us develop and promote great new writing from Scotland.